This post may contain affiliate links, where I earn from purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Wondering how to reserve the best accommodation in Australia?
Imagine this: 30 hours of travel time. Arrive in LA, to pre- booked hotel, alone in your mid 20’s. Hotel is in a dodgy area, with hardly any travellers checked in, and honestly, the vibe is creepy.
Luckily there are a couple of computers set up in the “foyer” (pre smart phone days) and you find a chain hostel within walking distance, who you quickly call and your bag is very quickly dragged along the West Hollywood street, to this cleaner, more suitable accommodation half an hour walk away.
BEFORE: Jet-lagged, confused and nervous.
AFTER: Ready to party and explore LA!
Pin for later 🙂
From Airbnb, hostels, glamping, to luxury resorts, the best hotels in Australia and holiday homes to rent, it’s difficult to be 100% confident ahead of a trip to an unknown destination, that you will be staying in the accommodation you imagined.
Download your free list of affordable Australian accom here:
You could read all the reviews, view all the online video’s and pics but sometimes this does not reflect the real atmosphere of a location. You aim for the best price but also expect cleanliness, friendliness and safe neighbourhoods.
I have experienced this on a number of occasions, once recently on a holiday to Broome, WA a couple years back. I had booked accommodation at a good price, walking distance from the popular Cable Beach.
What I didn’t realise was the temperature that time of year was mid 40’s (degrees!), and walking for 20 mins induced exhausting sweats and sometimes nose bleeds! Anyone familiar with the area had pre organised car hire, or booked accom closer to the beach.
Let’s face it, sometimes we don’t notice something until it is right in front of us- literally.
How will you know ahead of your trip, which accommodation is a reasonable price per night, yet in your preferred location, with friendly and helpful staff, and housing like minded travellers? How do we know how to reserve the perfect accommodation in Australia before our trip?
Below, I have compiled to-do list when pre booking accomodation:
- Read reviews. This one is obvious, but after reading MANY reviews, you get a sense of who is a natural complainer and who is honesty reviewing their experience.
- ASK your family and friends for advice or tips. If they have travelled to the same area, ask for in depth details!
- Write out your location needs and what you’re ultimately wishing for on this trip.
- Give yourself a daily budget. Be realistic. Once you have a clear idea what you really could afford on accommodation, you’ll narrow down the unrealistic options as well as the downright awful. Would you be best suited to a holiday home, a hotel, or one of the top resorts in Australia?
- Chip in with friends for a a more luxurious stay. This could be the ideal option for stays at the best hotels and resorts in Australia in Australia, and luxurious holiday homes to rent.
- View deals and luxury escapes. You never know your luck- what you save somewhere could be spent on a half price deal at the right time of year.
- Travel at off peak times of the year. Make note of school holidays, public holidays and large scale events in your chosen destination and country. This will make a huge difference in both flights and accom prices.
- Give yourself an OUT. To ensure you don’t get stuck somewhere unsafe for a night, research ahead of time for 1 or 2 other options, should you need to change booking plans pronto!
Check out my free download of affordable and fun accommodation for travelling Australia here!
Thanks for reading 🙂 Leave a comment below, if you have been in a similar situation, or have any further tips on booking the best accommodation, from group style holiday homes to rent, to the best hotels in Australia!